Sunday, February 10, 2013

Espana

Feb. 7, 2013
 
Okay sorry It has taken me so long to email. I only have a few minutes to do this email because we have to go to an appointment soon. I landed in Barcelona Tuesday morning and it is amazing. Customs wasn´t bad, none of the hermanas were questioned by security but of course I was haha. It´s a good thing I know enough spanish to communicate some what. There are so many different types of people in España. It was pretty overwhelming at first. President and Sister Pace are so amazing. I love them so much already. We went to the mission home and dropped off our luggage. Afterwards we went with some Elders who work at the office to put my forms in for my tarjeta de residencia. On the way I did my first contacts with Elder Escobar. He is from Guatemala. We contacted random people on the metro. I then got to each my first lunch with the Paces. Enchiladas! Which apparently aren´t found often here. But anyways I worked a lot that night even though I was so tired. The next day I met my new companion, Elder Dixon. He is from Vegas and has been in the mission for 20months. Before being paired with me he was a zone leader. He knows his stuff. We are in Valencia, which is beautiful. The weather in Spain is great. Its in the 60s and apparently thats freezing to them over here. I will be able to email more on my preparation day, which is monday. Oh I ate with some members today for lunch from Bolivia. Some great food! But yeah, we don´t have much time. I love you all!
Élder Sharkey

No comments:

Post a Comment