Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Week7 in the books

Here's his much longer Jan. 22, 2013 email he sent later in the evening:
 
Good evening everyone! I'll jump right to it and let everyone know i got my nose cast off today haha. It was insanely itchy under it so you all have no idea how great it was getting it removed today. I can also blow my nose again! Hoooooorah. And gladly I do not look like Owen Wilson.
There is a real sense of urgency in our district right now. It's kicking in that in 2 weeks we will be in the mission field teaching real people in spanish. We are all dying to go haha. Oh some peculiar visa info, the consulate meeting with missionaries has been rescheduled from today to thursday. The reason this is signifcant is because they are expecting more visas come tomorrow. If this happens, mine could come tomorrow and I could be meeting with the consulate thursday. I know it's very wishful thinking but I am just about dying to get my visa right now!
I get to host missionaries tomorrow. I didn't get to last week because of my surgery but we've been asked to again this week. Dad knows what I'm talking about. It's the missionaries that help brand new missionaries who are leaving their parents. I'll take them to get their books and show them around. And this is pretty funny because i've heard that a certain person is coming tomorrow. Dayna's boyfriend haha.
Another cool thing that's happened is a bunch of people who were reassigned came back to the MTC. I made many friends who are going to Spain that came back so that they can meet with consulate this thursday. Elder Oldroyd, a friend of daynas, is one of these elders. It's awesome having them back on our floor.
I guess I'll wrap this email up with the best part. After I got off the phone with my parents last tuesday(I got to call because of my surgery) we went straight to the devotional. We sat super close. Now the way these devotionals work is whoever gets their first gets to pick where they sit. They also don't say who's speaking until right before it starts and everyone is already there. While waiting for it to begin I noticed a lot of different things. There was a ton of mission presidency on the stand. There was a lot of police around. Also, the first bishopric was on the stand. And once everyone was there, the doors opened and the MTC president and Jeffrey R. Holland walked in. Everyone stood up and you could hear whispers of excitement in the room. It was seriously incredible! The reason so many people were on the stand was because the MTC presidency just changed. Jeffrey R. Holland gave an incredible talk, and I mean incredible. There were moments when he was tearing up, he was super nice, and then ofcourse he got in our faces haha. We loved it. And then at the end he re-dedicated 3 buildings in MTC that were remodeled. I am so thankful I was there for that prayer. It was absolutely amazing and it strengthened my testimony so much. Jeffrey R. Holland carries a spirit with him that is overwhelming. So yes, that was last week. Still think about it a lot.
Well, hopefully I know my fate of where I'll be flying here real soon. I really just want to know and get started. I know I have a lot more preparation to do but I need to start teaching! I love what I am doing and I love my calling. In no way has this felt like a sacrifice or a burden. I really do enjoy every minute of it and it is so exciting knowing I'm just starting. I have to run to devotional now! I hope everyone is doing well. Oh yeah so since I'm super prideful my birthday is feb 2! that's right, send me presents! hahaha im kidding! i love you all!
Elder Sharkey

No comments:

Post a Comment